Saturday, April 02, 2005
Essential things to have on every machine
- A good antivirus. You could go with either of the market leaders, McAfee or Norton. If you are working with a linux machine or dont want to go the open source way, then consider ClamAV .
- Latest updates of the operating system. For windows, it is Windows service pack 2 with a built-in firewall. Be sure to enable the auto-updates for the OS you are working with.
- Spybot - Search & Destroy - it detects and cleans spyware.
- Ad-Aware Personal edition - another good spyware buster.
- A good personal firewall. (I dont insist too much on this, but it is nice to have).
Copyright Anand Jain 2004, 2005. All rights