Saturday, June 25, 2005

Login using your fingerprints



Yesterday evening I went to Costco for some shopping. As usual, I do go around the computer/electronics aisle just to check out what things they are selling. I saw this Microsoft Fingerprinting device that they were selling for under 40 bucks. Now that is pretty affordable, considering the amount of security you are going to get. It might not appeal to desktop users, but I'd recommend this device for guys who go around traveling places and carry their notebooks around with them.

The Microsoft site also lists a Keyboard and a Mouse with a built-in fingerprint reader. Check out one of my earlier posts, in which I wondered why dont hardware manufacturers build fingerprinting hardware into keywords and mouse. Now only if websites start accepting fingerprints as a login mechanism, it would solve the too many passwords problem to an extent.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright Anand Jain 2004, 2005. All rights reserved.
Webmaster